|Lapis Lazuli (Item)|
|First Appearance||Beta 1.2|
|Data Values||Hex: 15F|
Lapis Lazuli is found on block layer number 14, that's where the majority of all of this ore will spawn in. In order to check your block layer number hit f3 at the top of your keyboard, then keep mining into the ground until your 'y' point states 14. Lapis Lazuli spawns around diamond. When your player is on this level, Lapis will spawn above, beside and before your player.
Lapis Lazuli can be used in a few ways:
- To create a blue dye, which can be used to re-color wool, Sheep, Hardened Clay, or glass.
- It is used in the Enchanting process for Tools, Weapons and Armor.
- As of 1.8, it can be used for repairing tools and armor, as well as renaming them.
- It can be converted into blocks, then used in decoration.
- It can be mixed with a Rose Red, Bonemeal, or Cactus Green to make purple, light blue, or cyan dye
- Lapis lazuli was going to be a crafting ingredient for the block crying obsidian, but neither the block nor the recipe were ever added.
- In 1.2.5, when the pick block key was broken, if you used it on lapis lazuli ore, you would get an Ink Sac, for Lapis Lazuli and Ink Sacs both have the ID of dye, and Data Value 0 is Ink Sac. This, along with many other glitches, were fixed in the 1.3 release.