|First Appearance||1.9 Beta|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 6F|
- Lily pads are destroyed when the water beneath it freezes and becomes ice.
- Lily pads can be harvested from swamps without needing a fishing rod.
- Lily pads are destroyed when water flows on it. This can be used to climb by alternating the placement of lily pads and water source blocks without leaving the placed lily pads.
- If a lily pad is placed on the water in a farm, the water will still irrigate the nearby tilled land. This is because they are transparent.
- A boat can break lily pads, but eventually, lily pads will break the boat.
- Lily pads can block a player directly under them from surfacing, potentially causing drowning under specific circumstances.
- If you sprint while placing a lily pad down, you can practically sprint jump on water.
- Lily pads are classified as "treasure" when fishing.