The Minecart sprite
|Uses||Riding on Rails|
|First Appearance||Infdev Seecret Friday 1 (Computer)|
0.8.0 (Pocket Edition)
|Data Values||Hex: 148|
- Minecarts can be crafted by placing 5 iron ingots in a Crafting Table (detailed below).
- Minecarts can also occasionally be found within Abandoned Mineshafts.
Minecarts are used for transportation, without the player having to give much manual effort. Minecarts are the fastest way to move between places on solid ground. However, they require a system of Rails to be placed fist, so they can travel from one place to another. Thus, minecarts are more effective for transporting players across commonly-traversed ground. Any Player or Mob may sit in and ride a minecart along a rail. They may also push a minecart along a rail, by walking into it. In addition, players may grab and push a minecart along a rail by holding the right-click mouse button.
Minecarts require Rails on the ground in order to move. There are four different types of rails: a basic Rail, a Powered Rail, a Detector Rail, and an Activator Rail. Basic Rails are used for moving the minecart without any boosts. They are the most commonly used because they use relatively less-expensive resources, compared to the two other varieties of Rails.
A powered rail is used to give the minecart a boost of speed as it moves along the railway, and requires a Redstone charge in order to activate. Detector rails are typically placed directly next to powered rails in a rail system, as they generate the redstone charge needed to activate the powered rail. The detector rail generates this charge as the minecart passes over it. Activator rails are a special type of rail which, when powered by a redstone charge, will detonate a Minecart with TNT as it passes over. If a mob or player is in a minecart as it passes over an active activator rail, they get ejected out of the minecart.
|Iron Ingot||None||Iron Ingot|
|Iron Ingot||Iron Ingot||Iron Ingot|
As a Crafting Ingredient
|Minecart with Chest||Minecart with Furnace|
|Minecart with TNT||Minecart with Hopper|
- If a player puts a Saddle on a Pig, and then manages to get into a minecart, they can ride the minecart without a rail system. The controls are: for forward, for left, and for right.
- Minecarts that run into an Iron Golem will bounce off, instead of picking up the Iron Golem. This also happens with smaller mobs.
- When a minecart abruptly hits a solid block (like Stone) while moving along a rail, there is a unique sound effect of metal clanging.
- Minecarts can sometimes glitch, so the rider can't get out of them.
- Between Snapshot 14w11a and 14w17a, if a minecart was moving too fast, and it needed to turn, it would derail.
- Also, between snapshot 14w11a and 14w17a, minecarts could travel much faster in a straight line.
- An arrow fired from a Bow at full power can destroy a minecart.