The Minecart sprite
|Uses||Riding on Rails|
|First Appearance||Infdev Seecret Friday 1 (Computer)|
0.8.0 (Pocket Edition)
|Data Values||Hex: 148|
- Minecarts can be crafted by placing 5 iron ingots in a Crafting Table (detailed below).
- Minecarts can also occasionally be found within Abandoned Mineshafts.
Minecarts are used for transportation, without a player having to give much manual effort. Minecarts are the fastest way to move between places on solid ground. However, they require a system of Rails to be placed fist, so they can travel from one place to another. Thus, minecarts are more effective for transporting players across commonly-traversed ground. Any Player or Mob may sit in and ride a minecart along a rail. They may also push a minecart along a rail, by walking into it. In addition, players may grab and push a minecart along a rail by holding the right-click mouse button.
Minecarts require Rails on the ground in order to move. There are four different types of rails: a basic Rail, a Powered Rail, a Detector Rail, and an Activator Rail. Basic Rails are used for moving the minecart without any boosts. They are the most commonly used because they use relatively less-expensive resources, compared to the two other varieties of Rails.
A powered rail is used to give the minecart a boost of speed as it moves along the railway, and requires a Redstone charge in order to activate. Detector rails are typically placed directly next to powered rails in a rail system, as they generate the redstone charge needed to activate the powered rail. The detector rail generates this charge as the minecart passes over it. Activator rails are a special type of rail which, when powered by a redstone charge, will detonate a Minecart with TNT as it passes over. If a mob or player is in a minecart as it passes over an active activator rail, they get ejected out of the minecart.
|Iron Ingot||None||Iron Ingot|
|Iron Ingot||Iron Ingot||Iron Ingot|
As a Crafting Ingredient
|Minecart with Chest||Minecart with Furnace|
|Minecart with TNT||Minecart with Hopper|
- If a player puts a Saddle on a Pig, and then manages to get into a minecart, they can ride the minecart without a rail system. The controls are: for forward, for left, and for right.
- Minecarts that run into an Iron Golem will bounce off, instead of picking up the Iron Golem. This also happens with smaller mobs.
- When a minecart abruptly hits a solid block (like Stone) while moving along a rail, there is a unique sound effect of metal clanging.
- Minecarts can sometimes glitch, so the rider can't get out of them.
- Between Snapshot 14w11a and 14w17a, if a minecart was moving too fast, and it needed to turn, it would derail.
- Also, between snapshot 14w11a and 14w17a, minecarts could travel much faster in a straight line.
- An arrow fired from a Bow at full power can destroy a minecart.