|Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition|
9 May 2012 (Xbox Marketplace)
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, (also known as Minecraft XBLA) is an edition of Minecraft available on the Xbox Live Arcade. It was released on May 9, 2012 as a DLC for 1600 Microsoft Points ($20.00). Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition has a split-screen feature that can hold up to 4 players. There is also an online multiplayer of up to 8 players (an Xbox Live Gold Membership is required). If a person does not have LIVE or Internet, they can buy the disc version which was released on June 4, 2013.
The gameplay was first released largely intact from PC Beta 1.6.6, with altered Xbox 360 controls and a crafting box appearance. It has less features than the PC version such as having no downloadable mods which might be added in the future. The current version is TU38.
Main Article: Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition Texture Packs
When TU12 was announced, it was also revealed that the game would support Texture Packs.
On September 2, 2013, it was announced that Minecraft: Mass Effect Edition would be the first one to be supported. It was released on September 4, 2013.
Texture Packs List:
- Skyrim Mash Up Pack
- Mass Effect Mash Up Pack
- Halo Mash Up Pack
- Fallout Mash Up Pack
- Festive Mash Up Pack
- Greek Mythology Mash Up Pack
- Chinese Mythology Mash Up Pack
- The Minecraft map is actually 864x864, meaning there is 746496 square meters in a map, and in turn nearly 75 hectares (100x100 blocks) and 188 acres (63x63 blocks).
- In this version the Ender Dragon spits Ender Acid, which makes it the only version of Minecraft to include that feature.
- The Xbox 360 Edition will never be the same as the PC version as 4J Studios adds many things from multiple versions of Minecraft, more on the Xbox 360 version history can be found here.
- In this version, some of the Ender Crystals in the End are caged by Iron Bars.
- All the items found in the Nether in this version of the game are renewable since the Nether can be reset.
- 4J Studios stated that they are considering on adding objects that would be exclusive to the Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft to make up for the game being behind that of the PC version.
- Minecraft for the Xbox 360 is the only version of the game to receive Texture Packs that are fully supported by 4J Studios and Mojang.
- If one was able to break the last layer of bedrock in the Overworld by hacking, the bedrock will be replaced with an invisible block.
- Arrows can get passed through this block and water flowing down will just disappear past that block, it will not spread (counts with lava).
- In older versions of the game, if one found a hole in the bedrock floor, they can fall into the void, but before they died, the client would freeze up.
- It is unknown whether the removed Human Mob is in the older versions of this version. The only way to test it is to hack the game and get mob spawners and then put the Human mob into the spawner to try to spawn it.
- The Giant mob is added in the game.
- It can be spawned by using mob spawners or spawn eggs through editing.
- All disc versions of the Xbox 360 edition are automatically set at TU9.
- Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition on Xbox Live Marketplace
- For more info, see the Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Wiki.