|The content featured in this page is about a feature that is not supported by Mojang.|
It was shown as a joke later. It is to be noted that there will be no updates, support, or bug fixes to Minecraft 2.0 as it is not supported by Mojang AB.
April Fool's Day 2013 announcement
Minecraft 2.0 has added new features into the game, and the full list is:
- Added new Super Hostile game mode, for a much more challenging Survival experience.
- Difficulty setting is now per-world and may never be changed once set.
- Added new graphics setting “Ultra Realistic” with new patent-pending experimental 4D-rendering.
- Added new chase-style 3D camera perspective.
- Added new realistic food/hunger system to animals.
- Overfeeding animals may have a negative effect on gameplay.
- Added a new “Horse” animal, with two different breeds to choose from.
- Each animal now has a gender and personality, introducing new farming mechanics.
- Added a new rare breed of chicken known as a “Diamond Chicken”.
- May lay diamonds or lapis instead of laying eggs.
- May also blow up from too much pressure. Handle with care.
- Added new friendly Pink Wither, which is the complete opposite of a normal wither.
- Shoots out Love, which heals the nearby land and causes things to grow faster.
- Known bug: Having both a Pink Wither and a Wither in your world at the same time may cause up to a 200% increase in frame-rate. Will be fixed for launch.
- All animals may be fed Golden Apples to unleash their hidden magical properties (see new Magic section).
- Chickens are now classified as a hostile mob and are no longer passive.
- Chickens do not appreciate being looked at and may get upset.
- Attacking a lone chicken may summon additional chickens to its defense.
- Zombie Pigmen now spawn with battlesigns and no longer use swords.
- Fixed a bug causing Skeletons to miss their targets on occasion.
- Added new Redstone Bug monster (see Redstone section).
- Furnaces have a new “heat” mechanic.
- Heat needs to be regulated in furnaces or they will blow up.
- Torches now burn out after a period of time, but may be relit with flint and steel.
- Added new TNT slab, known as an Etho Slab.
- Renamed Droppers to floppers, by popular community demand.
- Droppers were deemed too powerful and go against our original vision of the game.
- Floppers now turn everything that passes through them into raw fish (see Fishing section).
- Added six (6) new decoration blocks:
- Hay bales
- Lapis Lazuli
- Slime blocks
- Added new compressed storage blocks for commonly mined ores:
- Coal Block
- Lapis Lazuli Block
- Redstone Block
- Lapis may now be used for new Lapis furniture.
- Added dyed glass.
- Walking over many blocks will gradually wear them down, creating many new block variants such as Cracked Stone and Muddy Grass.
- Removed all BUD behaviour, and added safeguards so that it may never come back.
- Made redstone bugs spawn actual Redstone Bugs to assist with debugging.
- Added new Quantum Entangled redstone, obtained by mixing 1 redstone, 1 diamond and 3 lapis.
- One entangled redstone dust will connect to another pair elsewhere.
- No current way of specifying the connection, may in fact connect to another player’s world.
- Added new BUD blocks.
- Added new Magic and Luck levels per player.
- Finding a Rainbow after rain passes will be the primary way of obtaining Magic.
- Finding a green-tinted horse will be the primary way of obtaining Luck.
- Added new spell system, costing magic to perform a spell.
- Spells may backfire, depending on Luck.
- Examples of new spells include:
- Turn any item into Fish.
- Turn current biome into another biome (bug: currently only turns into ocean).
- Ability to remove gravity from other creatures/players in the world.
- Overhauled fishing mechanics.
- New special types of fish may be found in various different biomes.
- Fish may become scared if too much noise is made nearby.
- Added 28 new achievements for fishing.
- Rare chance for extra items to drop when fishing, such as armor and maps.
- Removed fishing.
- Having a fish in your possession will drain your health by 1 each second, to help phase out fishing.
- Removed crossbows.
- To deter cheating players on PvP servers, the PvP system has been completely redesigned.
- Players may no longer attack other players directly, but must recruit an army of Monsters and Animals.
- Each monster/animal has different strengths, weaknesses and abilities whilst attacking or defending in PvP combat.
- New turn-based combat system will help create epic battles that may last hours at a time.
World generation & terrain
- Added many new mysterious adventuring locations.
- Added 6 new biomes.
- Reimplemented the Farlands.
- Going near the farlands will forcefully enable 3d anaglyph.
- Known bug: Teleporting towards the farlands may send you half way in the opposite direction.
- Added dozens of new village building templates.
- The chickens coming to the injured chickens defense is a reference to Legend of Zelda, as when you attack a hen, they will swarm you.
For an added sense of authenticity, Mojang gave a copy of Minecraft 2.0 to Youtubers including:
- InTheLittleWood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPQ9Kc7dba4&list=UUWiPkogV65gqqNkwqci4yZA&index=6)
- SethBling (MindCrack SMP — Ep 1: MineCraft 2.0 Pre-Release Review)
- PaulSoaresJr (Minecraft 2.0 – Mindcrack EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK!)
- Vechs(Ep01 Minecraft 2.0 LP – A Fresh Start)
- BlameTheController (Minecraft 2.0 Beta Ep 1: Multiplayer Dungeon World first);
- Guude (Minecraft MindCrack – S4E1 – Minecraft 2.0)
- Xisumavoid (Minecraft 2.0 Update Preview);
- Keralis (Wife vs. Minecraft – Episode 30: Minecraft 2.0!)
- Biffa2001 (Minecraft 2.0 One Life – “Death By Blue Chickens”)
- Docm77 (Minecraft 2.0 Closed Beta – Exclusive First Look)
- W92Baj (Minecraft 2.0 – You wont believe what has been added – Mindcrack prelease overview.)
- Mhykol (Mhykol Mines – Mindcrack – Episode 259 – Minecraft 2.0)
- Generikb (Minecraft 2.0 FIRST LOOK!)
Copied from http://mojang.com/