You NEED Rollback rights on this wiki before you can apply to be an administrator.
We won't be accepting bureaucrat requests at this time, as we have two active bureaucrats.
In exceptional circumstances a 100% vote will be needed from all active bureaucrats.
(For examples, see the archive of previous requests)
For now, users can self-nominate themselves or nominate other users (though the candidate must accept the nomination), and one or more administrators will decide whether or not the candidate is ideal. If a vote passes, a bureaucrat will adjust the user rights accordingly. Eventually, when and if the community expands significantly, community discussions may be used. For now, this system is in use.
Bureaucrat rights can be requested by users that are already administrators. However, these requests are only accepted by other bureaucrats, since only they have enough experience in what is required of the role.
Sysop rights may be applied at any time, while bureaucrats are only created if another one is good to have or needed. Keep in mind that bureaucrat tools are no different from sysop tools, other than more access to user rights management, which is not used very often.
Revoking Administrator Rights
Users may also request an administrator's rights be revoked (and rights may be removed by a bureaucrat immediately), if a current administrator...
- abuses his/her powers
- has been inactive for a long period of time (several weeks or months)
- has not shown any use for the tools
- has shown behavior unacceptable for an administrator.
(If the admin in question is a bureaucrat, Wikia staff can be asked to remove them).
Rules and Regulations
As the wiki gets more page views, and thus more edits, more administrators will come in handy to keep maintenance during all hours. You can request adminship below, but it's important to keep in mind a few things:
For sysop requests:
- You must be experienced with this particular wiki, and preferably other wikis.
- You must already have rollback rights on this wiki, and have a reasonable amount of experience as a rollback.
- You must be fluent in our editing policies, Manual of Style, and other guidelines which make the wiki run smoothly.
- Your contributions must be of good quality. (quality over quantity)
- You must provide reasoning why you would be a good administrator, and why you require the enhanced tools.
For bureaucrat requests:
- You must have experience as a sysop administrator on this wiki already.
- You must have a considerable (and positive) history on this wiki and be trusted enough, as bureaucrat tools can damage an entire wiki in the wrong hands.
Please place the requests under this line.
I would like to apply for admin rights on this wiki because of multiple reasons. First off, I have been helping out this wiki for months, and I have proven myself in multiple ways. While I haven't been able to rollback any vandalism or anything as a rollback, I have been a rollback for a long while now. Secondly, I have recently been helping out the Plague Inc Wiki, and so far I have respected that wikis policy. I have helped them out a bit, and I have also been very respectable to the admins especially DiseaseMaster7. Thirdly, most of my edits do go along with the Manual of Style and the Editing Policy, and I have at times looked back on these while editing an article in order to clear up anything that I am unsure of. Fourthly, most of my edits are useful and helpful to certain articles, and some of the articles that I have added recently include a fair amount of information. The most notable article is the Glide article. Finally, I think that another active admin is needed to help out on this wiki due to how large it is, and the ever increasing addition of articles due to Minecraft updates. Becoming an admin would present new opportunities for me to grow and learn as well as helping to keep things updated, so readers can find the most amount of information possible on anything they want to learn about. These are the reasons why I think I am fit to be an admin.
-NinjaDogDB (talk) 18:54, April 27, 2017 (UTC)
- While I'm not an admin, you've been a very helpful user with over a thousand good edits. We are also in need of active admins. Supporting this all the way.
Thanks Phillydan and SLScool. Oh and also for some reason I was planning on asking for becoming admin after gaining 1,000 edits, but the edit count doesn't matter as much as the quality does in this scenario. But I am always happy to help out this wiki and its (almost) 800 articles on it. Again I would like to say thanks to y'all for the support. -NinjaDogDB (talk) 22:56, April 27, 2017 (UTC)
- You have been a very active, and consistent contributor to this wiki over the past few months, have shown a willingness to engage members of our community, and you appear to be fluent in the wiki's editing policies. You also have a presence elsewhere on the Fandom network, showing that you are more heavily invested, than if this was just a "one-off" wiki that you contributed to. These are all qualities which align with those expected of an administrator, so you've got my support for your application.
-Sitb (talk) 10:12, April 28, 2017 (UTC)
XXCastAwayXx (On Hold)
I would like to apply for administrator rights on this wiki because I feel I would be great for the job. I administrate a good bit of wikis and a majority I am the main coder on. I check logs and wiki activity very frequently. If you would like a list of the wikis I administrate please check my profile under my wikia tab. I love this wiki, the community is nice, I check on it very frequently and I just feel it would be great to have another active administrator. Though I don't seem to edit pages much, I do have ideas. I hope you will take this into consideration.
14:29, March 29, 2017 (UTC)
- Your edit count is smaller than some. However, if you take into account the CSS coding you have assembled yourself, and passed onto me for implementation on the wiki (plus any intermediate editing you did while putting together that code), then your contributions would add up to more than what is actually displayed on your profile. I have taken a look at your activity for other wikis in the past, and you seem to be a respectable user on each of the wikis you visit. You're a great resource for coding, yet you are currently locked out of updating the code on Minecraft Wiki yourself without sysop user rights. Granting you these rights will at least allow you to make coding changes yourself, without having to pass everything through me, so that's a big plus. I offer my support for your request. We will leave your request here for a while to see if there's any more input on the matter from other admins or users of the wiki.
-Sitb (talk) 17:09, March 29, 2017 (UTC)
- I'm not an admin, but I'd just like to give my opinion on this. In my opinion, you have too little edits for admin. 200 edits aren't really that many. You also have only 35 mainspace edits. I know you said that you have little mainspace edits, but 35, in my opinion, it too little. While you are very good at coding, that's not really a necessity for admins. Coding is always a plus, not really a requirement. And you did say "it would be great to have another active administrator." I know the admins on the wiki aren't very active except for Sitb, and you are one of the most active contributors here. However, I don't think you display enough activity for admin. In my opinion, there is a better candidate (you probably know who I'm talking about lol). While I do think you could be a pretty useful admin, I don't think you are ready for admin yet. However, your access to the MediaWiki namespace is crucial, so that's a plus. Consider this a weak oppose.
- Also, I forgot to include this in my reason, but you are fairly new here, as you have been here for less than 2 months. Also, you have only been a rollback for about 3 weeks. In my opinion, that isn't really enough time to become an admin.
ty for the input im trying my best ^^
- One more quick note: the eligibility of one user to be promoted to admin, shouldn't really affect the eligibility of another user who may also be qualified. All users are welcome to submit a request for themselves or recommend another user (if they meet the qualifications). Each request is evaluated separately, and is not dependent on any other requests which may be open at the same time.
-Sitb (talk) 14:29, March 30, 2017 (UTC)
- I think we should wait a bit longer before promoting you to admin Castaway. I know that you are very respectable on other wikis including your own, and you are also an admin on other wikis as well. I do think that Phillydan is correct in being a Rollback for a longer time is necessary before being promoted to Admin as well. That's just my opinion though on this discussion.
- -NinjaDogDB (talk) 16:29, March 30, 2017 (UTC)
- @Sitb Hmm...good points. However, about your last part: the eligibility of said user did not affect my opinion. I was just stating that since I did think that there is a better user for admin. My oppose did not get stronger or weaker; like I said, it wasn't dependent on that fact. Thanks for adding that, though
You have shown a need for the tools granted to administrators, and a great attitude in regards to the wiki and it's users. No one has offered any negative responses yet regarding the way you operate on the wiki. However, it is clear that some of our community's most active users at this time have concerns about the fact that you are still relatively new to the wiki. Out of fairness to the community, I think it is necessary to consider these users' concerns. At this point, your admin request is on hold for now, until you can build a more extensive contribution history on the wiki. This seems to be the only concern that users have expressed, so if you can continue contributing to the wiki regularly over the next while, I don't see why we couldn't eventually revisit this request. Just stick around as a contributor, and things will likely fall into place.
-Sitb (talk) 10:28, April 4, 2017 (UTC)