Rollback is an additional tool used by some users on the wiki primarily for fighting vandalism. A Rollback User is someone who has been granted the user rights to use this tool.
How rollback works
The rollback tool allows a user to undo multiple, back-to-back malicious edits, or mistakes made by a single user. It is one of the most useful methods for reverting multiple edits quickly. Rollback users can see a [rollback] link in page history, on the most recent edit. By clicking "Rollback", all edits by the most recent contributor are undone, and the page is reverted to the state it was in just before the target user began editing the page. The edit summary for the action is:
- All administrators have access to this tool by default.
- A list of additional users who have been granted access to the rollback tool on Minecraft Wiki can be found here.
Requesting Rollback Permissions
Users can request rollback rights at the bottom of this page. Like requests for adminship, a community discussion is not needed. Instead, an administrator will see if the user's contributions and efforts to improve the wiki are satisfactory. If the request is accepted, a Bureaucrat will grant rollback rights to the user.
There are a few things taken into consideration when a rollback request is reviewed. It is expected that the user requesting rollback rights meets some, if not all of the following criteria:
- An acceptable amount of mainspace edits (about 400+ is a good start, but the quality of edits will also be taken into consideration)
- Anti-vandalism activities (undoing vandalism as it occurs)
- A reasonable level of activity on the wiki (the user has contributed to the wiki regularly, for at least a few weeks)
- Trusted by other users (a user's contribution history and message wall will make this abundantly clear)
If you think you are fit to become a rollback, feel free to submit a request below. However, you must provide reasoning why you are a good fit.
A good sample of a request (the format, rather than the text):
- MasterOfMelons-Yes please, i request rollback rights, because i want to revert easy and quick a spammer's edits and help the wiki.
Please place all requests under this line:
I am ready to take the responsibility of Minecraft Wiki:Rollback. I will never misuse my powers and be a true, worthy and honest rollback. In order to do this I need your help. The Wiki will be organised properly and will block spammers, scammers, the people using innapropriate language and off topic Posting people. I will follow the guide lines for a Minecraft Wiki:Rollback. The only 2 things I require is your support to give me the rights and link to guidelines for a rollback.
- I am not sure what the "true, worthy and honest admin" part is about, considering this a request for Rollback. As to your qualifications, while you meet the last three, you only have 81 mainspace edits (plus 83 non-mainspace contributions). This is far shy of the recommended 400+. So, to your application, I give a no vote. Let us see what the other administrators vote, though.SLScool (message wall) 03:40, July 19, 2018 (UTC)