Minecraft XBLA Cover Art
- If you are looking for the Xbox 360 Version History, it can be found here.
Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition, (also known as Minecraft XBLA) is an edition of Minecraft available on the Xbox Live Arcade. It was released on May 9, 2012 as DLC for 1600 Microsoft Points ($20.00). Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition has a split-screen feature that can hold up to 4 players. There is also an online multiplayer of up to 8 players (an Xbox Live Gold Membership is required). If a person does not have LIVE or Internet, they can buy the disc version which was released on June 4 ,2013.
The gameplay was first released largely intact from the PC Version of 1.6.6 Beta from Minecraft, with altered Xbox 360 controls and a crafting box appearance. It has less features such as mods, skins and texture packs (said to be added in the future). Minecraft XBLA is a few updates behind the PC version, and the Xbox 360 Editon's most recent update was on April 26th, 2013.
Main Article: Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition Texture Packs
When Title Update 12 was announced, it was also reveled that the game would soon support Texture Packs.
On September 2, 2013, it was announced that Minecraft: Mass Effect Edition would be the first one to be supported. It will release on September 4, 2013.
- The Minecraft map is actually 864x864, meaning there is 746496 square meters in a map, and in turn nearly 75 hectares(100x100 blocks) and 188 acres(63x63 blocks).
- In this version the Ender Dragon spits Ender Acid, the only version of the game to include that.
- The Xbox Edition will never be the same as the PC version as 4J adds many things from multiple versions, more on Xbox 360 version it can be found here.
- Also, some of the Ender Crystals are caged by Iron Bars.
- All the items found in the Nether in this version of the game are renewable.
- 4J Studios stated that they are considering on adding objects that would be exclusive to the Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft to make up for the game being behind that of the PC version.
- Minecraft for Xbox 360 is the only version of the game to recieve Texture Packs that are fully supported by 4J Studios and Mojang.
- Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition on Xbox Live Marketplace
- For more info, see the Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Wiki.