Title Update 31
Armor Stand, Raw Rabbit, Cooked Rabbit, Rabbit Stew, Raw Mutton, Cooked Mutton, Rabbit’s Foot, Rabbit Hide, Potion of Leaping, Potion of Water Breathing, Salmon, Cooked Salmon, Clownfish, Pufferfish, Blue Orchid, Allium, Azure Bluet, Tulips, Oxeye Daisy, Sunflower, Lilac, Poppy (replaces Rose), Rose Bush, Peony, Double Tall Grass, Large Ferns, Prismarine Crystals, Prismarine Shard. Creative Mode only – Rabbit Spawn Egg, Endermite Spawn Egg, and Guardian Spawn Egg. New Blocks:-
Podzol, Granite, Polished Granite, Andesite, Polished Andesite, Diorite, Polished Diorite, Prismarine, Dark Prismarine, Prismarine Bricks, Red Sand, Red Sandstone, Smooth Red Sandstone, Chiseled Red Sandstone, Red Sandstone Stairs, Red Sandstone Slab, Sea Lanterns, Wet Sponge, Slime Blocks, Coarse Dirt, Packed Ice, Acacia Saplings, Dark Oak Saplings. New Mobs:-
Endermite, Guardian, Elder Guardian, Rabbit, Chicken Jockey. New Biomes:-
Mesa, Mega Taiga, Roofed Forest, Birch Forest, Forest, Savanna, Extreme Hills+, Deep Ocean, Snowless Taiga, 20 new Technical Biomes. Updated Features:-
Fishing now has particle effects - bubbles will show up moving towards the bobber just before the player has something on the hook. This has the appearance of a fish swimming towards the hook. Treasure can now be caught while fishing. Treasure is split into 3 categories:- Fish: Raw Fish, Salmon, Clownfish and Pufferfish. Treasure: Enchanted Fishing Rod, Enchanted Bow, Enchanted Book, Name Tag, Tripwire Hook, Lily Pad and Saddle. Junk: damaged Fishing Rod, Water Bottle, Rotten Flesh, String, Leather, Bowl, Stick, Bone, Tripwire Hook, Ink Sacs and damaged Leather Boots.
Enchanting now consumes Lapis Lazuli. Enchanting has been rebalanced. Enchanted Books can receive multiple enchants at once. Villagers
Villagers have additional professions and trading schemes. Villagers will now harvest crops. Villagers will only breed when willing (and can be made willing by giving them 3 bread, 12 carrots or 12 potatoes). Villagers will turn into Witches when struck by lightning. Nether Portal
New Nether Portal building rules: Any rectangular shape from 4x5 to 23x23 If the portal in the nether is big enough, Ghasts can travel through. Will now be activated by any fire block within the frame. Dispenser
Can place Pumpkins or Wither Skeleton Skulls to spawn Golems and Withers. Will only place them if the body of the Golem or Wither is already built, in a valid configuration. Anvil
Anvil has been rebalanced. Crafting
Moss Stone, Mossy Stone Bricks and Chiseled Stone Bricks are now obtainable via crafting. Furnace
Cracked Stone Bricks and Sponge are now obtainable via smelting. When a Furnace runs out of fuel, the smelting progress will rewind at 2× speed. Empty Furnaces will only accept fuel and empty Buckets in the fuel slot. Item Frame
Item Frames now emit a Redstone signal, and can rotate in 8 directions. Redstone Comparator
Can now detect the rotation of an item in an item frame and output an equivalent power signal. Button
Buttons can now be placed on the top and bottom of blocks. Powered Activator Rail
Powered Activator rails now dismount entities riding Minecarts. Cauldron
Cauldrons with water in them will put out burning entities, taking away one water level each time. Huge Mushroom Block
When harvested with Silk Touch enchantment, they drop blocks with corresponding Mushroom texture (red or brown) on all sides, rather than the one with spores. Sponge
Reintroduced Sponge to Survival Mode, with new behavior and texture. Sponge turns into Wet Sponge when it soaks up water. Water particles appear around the Sponge when this happens. Sponge destroys water blocks from 5 blocks away in a kind of sphere. Sponge soaks up water, only when some water is touching it. Sugar Cane
Color/Shade is affected by the biome color (similar to leaves, grass and vines). Baby Zombie
Now drop XP Orbs. Creeper
Can now be ignited with Flint and Steel. Zombie Pigman
Adult Zombie Pigmen will forgive after a short time (and lose the aggro speed boost), but will continue to attack until the player escapes their aggro distance. Witch
Now drink a Potion of Water Breathing, when they are trapped underwater. Can drop a Potion of Water Breathing upon death, as a rare drop. Jungle Biome
Melons can now be found in patches similar to Pumpkins. Swamp Biome
Spawn with Blue Orchid Flowers. In shallower parts, the coast is covered in staggered dirt block with Lily Pads between them. Plains Biome
Generates three of the new flowers – Azure Bluets, Oxeye Daises and sometimes Tulips. Can generate Double Tall Grass. Extreme Hills Biome
Snow at higher elevations. Gravel can replace ground cover. Flat valleys near sea level. Can generate slightly higher now. Ocean Biome
Contains only Gravel on the floor instead of Sand, Dirt and Gravel. Desert Temple
Now spawn with Stained Clay instead of Dyed Wool. New landscape feature:-
Ocean Monument New Enchantments:-
Luck of the Sea (I-III) Lure (I-III) Depth Strider (I-III) Changes & Bug Fixes:-
Sheep now drop Mutton when they die. Arrows decelerate much more quickly underwater, and extinguish if on fire. Most mobs can now swim. Skeletons flee from wolves. Creepers, Skeletons, Wither Skeletons and Zombies drop their heads when killed by Charged Creepers. Spiders no longer see players through solid blocks. Babies' growth can be accelerated by feeding them. Fix for players adding additional layers above the maximum height in Superflat. Added Flint and Steel and Fire Charge sound effect when igniting blocks. Updated audio for Cows and Mooshrooms. Updated audio for Minecarts. Created a new Tutorial World.
Title Update 25
- Added Oak Wood Fence, Spruce Wood Fence, Birch Wood Fence, Jungle Wood Fence.
- Added Oak Wood Fence Gate, Spruce Wood Fence Gate, Birch Wood Fence Gate, Jungle Wood Fence Gate.
- Added Oak Wood Door, Spruce Wood Door, Birch Wood Door, Jungle Wood Door.
- Added Iron Trapdoor, Inverted Daylight Sensor, Book and Quill, Stained Glass and Stained Glass Panes.
- Added Custom Superflat User Interface, allowing players to customize superflat world generation.
- Added new in-game options to allow changing game mode, difficulty setting, time of day, and spawn position per player, and disable or enable ambient cave sounds, and weather settings.
- Split Load/Join interface into Create/Load/Join.
- Changed Game Mode selection to a slider
- Added Classic Crafting option, so you can now craft the same way as on the Java version if you really want to! This option is available in the UI settings menu.
- Enabled USB keyboard use for Book and Quill.
- Enabled Chatpad use for Book and Quill.
- Fixed a crash when a lot of Redstone Dust was used.
- Fixed various incorrect tooltip issues.
- Fix for mined item entities sometimes appearing at the top of the world, rather than spawning where the block is destroyed.
- Fix for an issue with corrupt capes on characters.
- Fix for an issue where players could open Trapped Chests, Droppers, Hoppers and Beacons even though “Can Open Containers” was off.
- Fixed a crash when a flaming arrow shot from a Dispenser hits TNT
- Fixed a memory leak causing crashes after prolonged play sessions.
- Fixed a problem with dropped items sinking below the ground.
- Fixed an issue with TNT explosions.
- Fixed a problem with baby villagers’ collision height.
Title Update 18
-Added different types of doors.
Title Update 14
This is the first Title Update that will be made for not just the Xbox LIVE edition but also the PlayStation 3 edition of the game. It includes the following items and fixes:
- Updated all texture packs and mash-up packs with new TU14 additions.
- Changed the gray wool texture for City Texture Pack to be more like a road surface.
- Fixed a crash with Maps in Item Frames which happened when players were in the Nether or The End
- Fixed Chest locks showing through walls at a distance
- Fixes a couple of crashes related to the player’s banned level list
- Some lighting fixes
- Fix to Blazes so they go on fire before shooting fire charges
- Fix to allow drinking milk in Creative mode
- Fix to allow split screen players to see Splash Potion particles
- Fix to stop the held item being replaced with the first item in the Quick Select on exiting The End.
- Fixed an issue with throwing an Ender Pearl while travelling to The Nether or The End
- Fixed the active time for Wooden and Stone Buttons.
- Fixed a crash with Dispensers and Fire Charges
- Fixed a crash with local profiles in the Help & Options menu
- Corrected the leaves obtained using silk touch on Jungle trees
- Emerald Ore
- Block of Emerald
- Ender Chest
- Tripwire Hook
- Enchanted Golden Apple
- Flower Pot
- Cobblestone Walls
- Mossy Cobblestone Walls
- Wither Painting
- Baked Potato
- Poisonous Potato
- Golden Carrot
- Carrot on a Stick
- Pumpkin Pie
- Night Vision Potion
- Invisibility Potion
- Nether Quartz
- Nether Quartz Ore
- Block of Quartz
- Quartz Slab
- Quartz Stair
- Chiseled Quartz Block
- Pillar Quartz Block
- Enchanted Book
- Added new recipes for Smooth Sandstone and Chiseled Sandstone.
- Added new Mobs - Zombie Villagers.
- Added new terrain generation features - Desert Temples, Desert Villages, and Jungle Temples.
- Added Trading with villagers.
- Added Anvil interface.
- Added sideways log placement.
- Changed placement of half blocks and other blocks on half blocks.
- Changed placement of upside down stairs and slabs.
- Wooden Buttons and Wooden Pressure Plates can be activated with Arrows.
- Can dye leather armor.
- Can dye wolf collars.
- Can control riding a pig with a Carrot on a Stick.
- Added different villager professions.
- Villagers spawned from a spawn egg will have a random profession.
- Furnaces can use wooden tools as a fuel.
- Ice and Glass panes can be collected with silk touch enchanted tools.
- Nether mobs can spawn in the Overworld from Portals.
- Creepers and Spiders are aggressive towards the last player that hit them.
- Mobs in Creative mode become neutral again after a short period.
- Remove knockback when drowning.
- Doors being broken by zombies show damage.
- Ice melts in the Nether.
- Cauldrons fill up when out in the rain.
- Pistons take twice as long to update.
- Pig drops Saddle when killed (if has one).
- Sky color in The End changed.
- String can be placed (for Tripwires).
- Rain drips through leaves.
- Levers can be placed on the bottom of blocks.
- TNT does variable damage depending on difficulty setting.
- Book recipe changed.
- Boats break Lily Pads, instead of Lily Pads breaking Boats.
- Pigs drop more Porkchops.
- Slimes spawn less in Superflat worlds.
- Creeper damage variable based on difficulty setting, more knockback.
- Fixed Endermen not opening their jaws.
- Added new Host Options for flying, invisibility and invulnerability for remote players.
- Added teleporting of players (using the player menu in-game).
- Furnace will return an empty bucket when fueled by a bucket of lava.
- Updated Bonus Chest content with more items.
- Added new tutorials to the Tutorial World for new items and features.
- Updated the positions of the Music Disc Chests in the Tutorial World.
Title Update 12
This is a Title Update exclusive to the Xbox version of Minecraft. It adds all of the following items and fixes.
- Redstone Lamp
- Jungle Wood Stairs
- Jungle Wood Half Slab
- Jungle Wood Planks
- Jungle Wood Block
- Ocelot Spawn Egg
- Chiseled Stone Brick (Exclusive to Creative Mode)
- Mob Heads (Exclusive to Creative Mode)
- World span is now 256 instead of 128
- New Tutorial World
- Jungle Biome
- Jungle Trees
- Cocoa Beans grown on Jungle Trees
- Slabs and stairs can now be placed upside down
- Stairs can now corner and go upside down
- Added 3D dropped items
- Added dispenser boats and minecarts
- New cave sounds
- Improved AI
- Added rare drops for mobs
- Villagers now have children
- Zombie sieges will occur at night
- Zombies break doors down in Hard Mode
- Crafting for ladder now two rather than three
- Placing blocks on grass will replace it
- New Lava sound effects
- Rare Dessert Walls can now be found
- Increased max boat amount to 40
- When in Nether, Snow Golems will eventually melt and die over time
- Abandoned Mineshafts can generate wooden bridges
- Doors have been updated to work with Redstone better
- Added Favorite Skins Tab for player to store their skins easier
- Added support for Texture Packs in Minecraft Store
- Fixed local player shadows to not be displayed
- Fixed issues with Privileges Settings
- Fixed visible seams in clouds
- Fixed 3rd person camera when underwater
- Fix for structures appearing at the end of the world
- Fix for putting enchanted items with Minecart with Chest disappearing
- Fix for bow animation
- Fixed Minecart speed
- Fixed some memory leaks
- Fixed issue with "Can Open Containers" option
- Fixed issue with "Can Build and Mine" option
- Fixed issue where TNT explodes when option for it to explode is off
- Fixed issue with Wolfs not tilting their heads correctly
- Fixed color of Potion Particles
- Fix for doors splitting in half after being destroyed
- Fixed artifacts on edge of flames in 1st person camera mode
- Fixed game lighting issues