|Health Points:||10HP (5x )|
|Drops:||Raw Beef, Red Mushrooms, Leather, Milk, Mushroom Stew|
|Location:||Mushroom Island Biomes|
Mooshrooms resemble ordinary cows, but are red with white spots and have red mushrooms on their backs and heads. Another difference is their eyes. While cows contain the whites of their eyes, mooshrooms' eyes are completely black.
MechanicsMooshrooms will only spawn on Mushroom Island Biomes, making them one of the rarest mobs in Minecraft. When a player shears a mooshroom, it will drop five red mushrooms and will transform into a regular cow. There is also a rare chance that it will split into two cows when sheared. A Bowl can be used on a mooshroom in order to gather mushroom stew, or a Bucket can be used to gather Milk (like a cow). They may therefore be used as an infinite/renewable food source.
When a mooshroom is killed, it will drop Raw Beef and Leather like a regular cow, plus red mushrooms. Like cows, mooshrooms will follow players holding wheat, and enter love mode if the wheat is fed to them.
- When a mooshroom is sheared, a ring of smoke forms around it for 0.8 seconds.
- The mooshroom is the only breedable mob excluded from the tutorial world in the PS3 edition.
- Shearing a mooshroom that is being followed by a baby mooshroom, will cause the baby to follow another mooshroom.
- Mooshrooms have more drops than any other animal mob.
- According to Minecon 2018, a brown mooshroom may be added.