|First Appearance||Beta 1.9-pre1|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 6E|
Mycelium is a block similar to grass, and it will grow over any dirt in its area even if the dirt blocks have a sapling or another plant on it. It is only found naturally in mushroom biomes. A mycelium's spread can be stopped by creating an obstruction to the Mycelium's expansion, such as a two-block change in terrain height or a non-dirt block.
- Mycelium was first added in the first Beta 1.9 release, but it was only usable in creative mode.
- As of 1.2.4, mycelium is the only block players can spawn mushrooms on while in sunlight.
- They were added to Pocket Edition in the 0.9.0 Update along with Mushroom Biomes.
- When harvested, it will normally drop a dirt block, but if it is mined with a tool with the Silk Touch enchantment on it a block of mycelium can be collected instead.
- Players cannot convert mycelium into farmland. It must be mined and placed as dirt first.
- Mycelium can emit Particles similar to those that appear while underwater or near the Void.
- Mycelium can spread to nearby dirt blocks.