Stairs can be crafted from six Wooden Planks , six Cobblestone Blocks, six Bricks , six Stone Bricks, six Sandstone Bricks, six Nether Bricks, or 6 Nether Quartz Blocks producing four stairs per craft. Upon destroying the block after placement, it will yield only one of the material used to craft it.
|Stairs x4 (Possible materials are Sandstone, Cobblestone, any types of Wood, Stone, Brick, Stone Brick, Quartz and Nether Brick)|
- Brick Stairs, Stone Brick Stairs, and Nether Brick Stairs were added in the Adventure Update.
- Previously, Wooden Stairs would not burn, but as of Beta 1.6, Wooden Stairs and Fences have become flammable.
- Placing 6 Mossy Stone Brick or 6 Cracked Stone Brick in a crafting box will only make Stone Brick Stairs not Mossy/Cracked Stone Brick Stairs
- As of version 1.2, stairs can be placed upside-down, to form an arch-like stair design.
- As of Snapshot 12w21b sandstone stairs have a crafting recipe.
- The 1.8.2 update for the XBox 360 edition added Stone Brick and Brick stairs.
- In 1.4.2 online, stairs can now join and create corners.