Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help by
|Data Values||Hex: 406|
Nether Quartz is a type of material that can only be found in the Nether and is obtained by mining Nether quartz ore. They can be crafted into a block of quartz for decoration purposes and also can be crafted, together with glass and wooden slabs, into a daylight sensor, or into a redstone comparator with redstone torches and stone. Daylight sensors and redstone comparators are both used to send redstone signals.
As a Crafting Ingredient
|Block of Quartz||Daylight Sensor|
|Nether Quartz||Nether Quartz||None||Nether Quartz||Nether Quartz||Nether Quartz|
|Nether Quartz||Nether Quartz||None||Wooden Slab||Wooden Slab||Wooden Slab|
|Redstone Torch||Nether Quartz||Redstone Torch|
- Nether Quartz is based on the real mineral called quartz.
- If the player entered the Nether before 1.5 was released, then after the update was released, nether quartz ore would only spawn in newly generated chunks. This makes it difficult to find nether quartz in old worlds.
- However, it is possible to re-generate the Nether in the world options of any world.
- Although in real life striking a quartz crystal on a piece of steel is just as effective as flint on steel (for making sparks), there seems to be no plan to implement a quartz and steel striker, possibly because gravel (thus, flint) is more common than nether quartz, so it is cheaper to use flint anyway.
- As of TU14 (Title a Update 14) Quartz is the Xbox version as well.