|Nether Quartz Ore|
|Type of Block||Nether Ores|
|Data Values||Hex: 99|
Nether Quartz Ore is an ore that is only found in The Nether. Nether quartz ore has a 45% chance of spawning, similarly to iron in the Overworld. When mined with any pickaxe, Nether quartz will drop a Nether quartz that can be used into making daylight sensors and redstone comparators. When Nether Quartz Ore was first introduced in 13w01a it couldn't be smelted if obtained by a silk touch pickaxe, or via Creative Mode. This was fixed in 13w01b.
- Nether quartz ore is the first ore (and possibly the only one) available in The Nether.
- Nether Quartz Ore is as common as iron in the overworld, but appears to be more common because the irregular nature of the Nether exposes Nether Quartz ore more frequently.
- Nether quartz ore is the second ore to have a use for redstone mechanics.
- Although some people think that glowstone is an ore because it drops glowstone dust, the only ore in The Nether is Nether quartz.
- Unlike Netherrack, Nether Quartz Ore does not burn forever.