|First Appearance||Beta 1.9 Pre-release|
|Type of Block||Block; Plant|
|Data Values||Hex: 73|
As a Crafting Ingredient
|Nether Wart Block||Red Nether Brick|
|Nether Wart||Nether Wart||Nether Wart||None||None||None|
|Nether Wart||Nether Wart||Nether Wart||None||Nether Wart||Nether Brick|
|Nether Wart||Nether Wart||Nether Wart||None||Nether Brick||Nether Wart|
Farming Nether Wart
Considering Nether wart is essential in order to brew nearly all types of potions. It is wise for players to set up a Farming operation in order to easily obtain their brewing ingredients. Like all other crops, the growing time is randomized. When harvested at its mature state, it will drop 2 to 4 nether wart. Nether wart will only grow in Soul Sand, but the block of sand can be located anywhere in the Overworld, The Nether, or The End if a player places it there. The plant does not require Sunlight or Water to grow, only time.
- Nether Wart could previously be used to breed Chickens, as it was classified as a type of seed. This was removed in 1.8 The Bountiful Update.
- The amount of Nether Wart dropped from mature crops can be affected by the Fortune enchantment.
- Their name in the code is "tile.netherStalkSeeds".
- Bonemeal cannot be used to speed up the growth of Nether Wart.
- Water poured on Nether Wart in the Overworld will dislodge the plant from the Soul Sand, making it easy to collect the Nether Wart en masse.