|Health Points||10HP (5x )|
passive animal-mobs that spawn in groups of 5, in grassy areas. When a Saddle is used on them (by right clicking), they become rideable to the Player, but can only be controlled by using a Carrot on a Stick. The Saddle can be removed by killing the saddled pig or right-clicking the pig. They have height of 1.1875 blocks, length of 1.25 blocks and Width of 0.625 blocks.Pigs are
As of Beta 1.5, a Pig will morph into a Zombie Pigman when struck by lightning. As of 1.8, pigs now have a snout, and hitting one will cause it to flee for a short while. It will eventually calm down and relax.
When killed, an Adult Pig will drop 1-3 Raw Porkchops; 1-3 Cooked Porkchops will drop instead if the pig was killed while on fire. Note that after the Adventure Update, Pigs are now the only source of raw or cooked porkchops; before this update Zombie Pigmen dropped cooked porkchops on death.
Pigs are good for Porkchop gathering. First, the Player should make a fenced area 4 blocks wide and 1 block deep with a fence gate, then lure a pig into the farm with carrots. After getting at least two, breed them as often as possible, by right-clicking on them with carrots in your hand, and kill one every time there are three or more adults.
- Main article: Saddle
To ride a Pig, one must first find a Saddle in a Dungeon (they are uncraftable). Then he or she must put it on the pig (by right-clicking) and once done, the Pig will have a saddle you can mount. You are unable to control the Pig's movement, however you can control the direction the pig is walking when holding the Carrot on a Stick.You can also increase the speed by right-click. You can also obtain an achievement by riding a pig.
Pigs can be fed carrots, and they enter Love Mode. When two pigs are in love mode within 16 blocks of each other, they can make a baby pig (Sometimes called a piglet). Piglets will follow their parents. It takes one full Minecraft day (or 20 minutes) for the piglet to grow into a fully-grown Pig.
- Because the Pig can be saddled, the pig has two image files, one saddled and one not.
- The hostile Mobs known as Creepers were made from a failed pig model, as Notch made it taller, rather than longer.
- Both a Piglet and Pig have the same head size, but they don't have the same width and length.
- As of 1.2.3, adult Pigs stopped following the baby.
- The Pig has 4 family members: Zombie Pigmen, Piglets, Pigmen, and normal Pigs.
- As of 1.2.4. you cannot put Saddles on Piglets anymore.
- Like Sheep , Squids and Cattles Pigs are wall-eyed.
- Piglets, like all baby animals, make a higher pitched noise than the adult.
- As of 1.4 pigs are now bred with carrots.
- Pigs didn't always have a protruding snout.
- Pigs act a lot like horses, because of them being able to be saddled and carrots put them in "Love Mode" people say they are like horses and think that horses in a future update will replace pigs. Although pigs would added again but simpler, probably not being able to be saddled.