|Health Points:||10HP (5x )|
|Drops:||-1-3 Raw Porkchop (Cooked Porkchop if killed by fire)|
-Saddle (if it is wearing one when killed)
|Location:||Light level >9, on grass Blocks in the Overworld with at least 2 blocks gap above them|
Pigs have a height of 1.1875 blocks, a length of 1.25 blocks, and a width of 0.625 blocks. Hitting a pig will cause it to flee for a short while. It will eventually calm down.
Pigs are good for gathering porkchops. First, the Player should make a fenced-in area, 4 blocks wide and 1 block deep, with a fence gate, then lure a pig into the farm with carrots. After getting at least two, breed them as often as possible, by right-clicking on them with carrots or wheat in your hand, and kill one every time there are three or more than 4 adults.
- Main article: Saddle
For one to ride a pig, one must first find a Saddle in a Dungeon, Desert Temple, or Jungle Temple, as they are not craftable. A saddle can be placed on the pig by left-clicking the pig (in PC version), while the saddle is held in hand. The pig will then be wearing an orange saddle, and can be mounted. A player cannot control the pig's movement unless they use a Carrot on a Stick, holding it in the direction they want the pig to walk. A mounted pig can be told to sprint by right-clicking.
A saddle can only be removed by killing the pig.
BreedingA pig can be fed a carrot, potato or beetroot to enter love mode. When two pigs are in love mode within 16 blocks of each other, they make a baby pig. It takes one full Minecraft day (or 20 minutes) for the piglet to grow into an adult Pig.
- Because a pig can be saddled, it has two texture files: one with a saddle and one without.
- The hostile Creeper mob was accidently created when trying to create a pig model. Notch had made it taller, rather than longer, and swapped the color from pink to green.
- As of 1.2.3, adult Pigs no longer follow piglets.
- The pig has 2 related humanoid mobs: Pigmen and Zombie Pigmen
- As of 1.2.4., saddles can no longer be put on piglets.
- Like Sheep, Squids, Iron Golems and Cows, Pigs are wall-eyed.
- Piglets, like all baby animals, make a higher-pitched noise than the adult.
- Pigs didn't always have a protruding snout, this was added in 1.8 - The Bountiful Update.
- If a player rides a pig and then falls off a cliff and the pig takes more than 4 HP fall damage, the Player will get the achievement "When Pigs Fly".
- Pigs used to drop only 0-2 Raw Porkchops upon death, but it was eventually raised to 1-3 porkchops upon death.
- Pigs make an "oink" sound when they walk around.
- As of Beta 1.5, a Pig will morph into a zombie pigman if struck by Lightning.
- When killed with Fire, an adult pig will drop 1-3 cooked porkchops.