|Health Points||10HP (5x )|
|Drops||-1-3 Raw Porkchop (Cooked Porkchop if killed by fire)|
-Saddle (if it is wearing one when killed)
|Spawn||Light level >9, on grass Blocks in the Overworld with at least 2 blocks gap above them|
mobs that spawn in grassy areas. When a saddle is used on them (by right clicking), they become able to be ridden by the Player, but they can only be controlled by using a carrot on a stick. The Saddle can be removed by killing the saddled pig. They have a height of 1.1875 blocks, a length of 1.25 blocks, and a width of 0.625 blocks. As of Beta 1.5, a Pig will morph into a zombie pigman when struck by lightning. As of 1.8, pigs now have a snout, and hitting one will cause it to flee for a short while. It will eventually calm down. When killed with fire, an adult pig will drop 1-3 cooked porkchops.Pigs are passive animal
Pigs are good for gathering porkchops. First, the Player should make a fenced area 4 blocks wide and 1 block deep with a fence gate, then lure a pig into the farm with carrots. After getting at least two, breed them as often as possible, by right-clicking on them with carrots or wheat in your hand, and kill one every time there are three or more than 4 adults.
- Main article: Saddle
For one to ride a pig, one must first find a saddle in a Dungeon, Desert Temple, or Jungle Temple, as they are not craftable. You must then put it on the pig by left-clicking the pig while the saddle is in your hand. The pig will then be wearing an orange saddle, and can be mounted. You are unable to control the pig's movement. However, you can control the direction the pig is walking when holding a Carrot on a Stick. You can also increase the speed by right-clicking on a block.
BreedingA pig can be fed a carrot to enter Love Mode. When two pigs are in love mode within 16 blocks of each other, they can make a baby pig. It takes one full Minecraft day (or 20 minutes) for the piglet to grow into a fully-grown Pig.
- Because the Pig can be saddled, the pig has two texture files: one saddled and one not.
- The hostile mob known as the Creeper was made from a failed pig model, as Notch made it taller, rather than longer, and exchanged color from pink into green.
- As of 1.2.3, adult Pigs stopped following the piglet.
- The pig has 2 related humanoid mobs: Pigmen and Zombie Pigmen
- As of 1.2.4., you can no longer put saddles on piglets.
- Like Sheep, Squids, Iron Golems and Cows, Pigs are wall-eyed
- Piglets, like all baby animals, make a higher pitched noise than the adult.
- Pigs didn't always have a protruding snout.
- If pigs are struck by lightning, they become Zombie Pigmen, similar to a villager being struck by lightning and becoming a witch.
- If a player rides a pig and then falls off a cliff and the pig takes more than 4 HP fall damage, the Player will get the achievement "When Pigs Fly".
- Pigs used to drop only 0-2 Raw Porkchops upon death, but it was eventually raised to 1-3 porkchops upon death.
- As of The 1.9 Combat Update, pigs can now be bred with any type of vegetable (carrots, potatoes and beetroot).
- When pigs walk around, they oink.