|Attack Strength:||Easy - 2x
|Drops:||Raw Salmon and Raw Fish|
|Location:||Cold Biomes, i.e. Tundra, Ice Spikes, etc.|
|First Appearance:||1.10 (Snapshot 16w20a)|
On March 7th, 2016, Jeb revealed on his Twitter that he was working on a new neutral mob with a base color code of 242, or a very light gray. On April 8th, 2016, Jeb posted a link on his Twitter, stating that this was the so-called "242 Mob".
Polar bears are neutral mobs, unless they are around their cubs. At that point, they are hostile. Cubs themselves are passive, making polar bears the very first mob to fall into all three behavior categories. They spawn in cold biomes, such as the tundra. Polar bears are also faster than a player when swimming. If a polar bear is attacked, all polar bears within a certain radius will instantly turn hostile towards the attacking player or mob (similar to Zombie Pigmen and Wolves).
- Polar bears can be led with a lead.
- Like the other biome-specific mobs added in the Frostburn update (Stray and Husk), polar bears were added in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition on December 19, 2016, with the coming of the 1.0 "Ender Update."
- When polar bears attack, they stand up on their hind legs and hit a player with their front paws, which is similar to how bears stand up on their hind legs when threatened.
- Polar bears can serve as a source of Raw Fish if a player is lacking in food or has a strong sword. However, this is not recommended, as the polar bear can badly damage poorly armored players.
- For some reason, if a Vindicator named "Johnny" attacks a polar bear cub, nearby adult polar bears will not become hostile.