|First Appearance||Alpha 1.2.0|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 56|
|Pumpkin Seeds x4|
As a Crafting Ingredient
- Harvested pumpkins can be equipped as a helmet without any actual armor value. It is unique in that it limits the player's view of the world as if it were seen from inside the pumpkin. The pumpkin helmet can be removed and placed into the player's inventory. Although it has no armor value, it can be a serious help during nighttime expeditions: When worn as a helmet, the player may look directly at endermen with no worry as to whether the Enderman will attack the player.
- Pumpkins can be use to make jack-o-lantern, a decorative item that lights an area up and can be placed underwater.
- As of the 1.9 pre-release, a snow golem can be crafted by vertically stacking two snow block on the ground, then placing a pumpkin on top of it. Snow Golems throw snowball at hostile mobs.
- It is rarely possible for pumpkins to be found in strongholds, dungeons and abandoned mine shafts.
- One pumpkin can be crafted to make four pumpkin seeds.
- Iron golems are made with Pumpkins and iron block, by 2 iron blocks up 1 on both sides and 1 pumpkin on top.
- Pumpkins can be worn by the player to give a new look to the HUD.
- A player can create pumpkin pie using a pumpkin, sugar and an egg. The pie restores when eaten.
- Curiously, the pumpkins already have faces carved into them when they grow.
- When worn in the Xbox 360 version it has no real use other than aesthetic purposes.
- Pumpkins cannot be placed when there is an air block below it.
- When a Pumpkin is pushed from a piston from below, it will break and you can collect it.
- Pumpkins cannot be pulled back by Sticky Pistons.