|First Appearance||Alpha 1.2.0 (Computer)|
0.8.0 (Pocket Edition)
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 56|
As of 1.13, the pumpkin with the face is known as carved pumpkin, and the pumpkin with no face is now called pumpkin, and cannot be equipped.
|Pumpkin Seeds x4|
- Harvested pumpkins can be equipped as a helmet without any actual armor value. It is unique in that it limits a player's view of the world as if it were seen from inside the pumpkin. The pumpkin helmet can be removed and placed into a player's inventory. Although it has no armor value, it can be a serious help during nighttime expeditions: When worn as a helmet, a player may look directly at endermen with no worry as to whether the enderman will attack a player.
- Pumpkins can be used to make jack-o-lanterns, a decorative item that lights an area up and can be placed underwater.
- As of the 1.9 pre-release, a snow golem can be crafted by vertically stacking two snow block on the ground, then placing a pumpkin on top of it. Snow golems will throw snowballs at hostile mobs.
- One pumpkin can be used to make four pumpkin seeds through crafting.
- Iron golems are made with pumpkins and iron blocks. The iron blocks are placed in a T formation with the pumpkin centered on top.
- A player can create pumpkin pie using a pumpkin, sugar and an egg. The pie restores when eaten.
- As of the Update Aquatic, pumpkins must be sheared (defaults to right-click) in order to turn them into jack-o-lanterns. This will yield 1 pumpkin seed.
The pumpkin has 5 different data values:
0: Facing south
1: Facing west
2: Facing north
3: Facing east
- The pumpkins already have faces carved into them when they grow.
- When making golems, a dispenser can place the pumpkin and create the golem as a result.
- When worn in the Xbox 360 version, it has no real use other than aesthetic purposes.
- Pumpkins cannot be placed when there is an air block below it.
- When a pumpkin is pushed from a piston from below, it will break and a player can collect it.
- Pumpkins cannot be pulled back by Sticky Pistons.
- When a player wears a pumpkin in The End, the endermen will not bother them. However, the disadvantage is that it limits a player's field of vision, which can increase the danger of the ender dragon successfully attacking them.
- Faceless Pumpkins used to be an unused block in 1.7 and were later removed then reused in 1.13.