|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.1|
|Data Values||Hex: 14B|
Redstone Ore is destroyed with an Iron Pickaxe or better-material pickaxe. This can be placed on the ground to make Redstone Wire. Redstone can also be crafted into a Redstone Torch, a Block of Redstone (as of 1.5) and/or a Redstone Repeater. Redstone also can be used in traps or mechanisms involving Redstone circuits. When redstone interacts with any liquid, it will be destroyed. Redstone can only be placed on solid blocks, excluding Glowstone and top placed half Slabs of any kind. When redstone gets ignited, it will last 15 blocks before going to it's off state. This can be prevented by placing a repeater and continuing the redstone circuit however will make the output 1-4 ticks longer. A Redstone Comparator (see page for details) creates a instant redstone singal when placed in a line (all facing the same way) unlike repeaters (listed above). The toggle switch must be off for this to happen.A possible amount of up to 4 Redstone Dust is dropped when a block of
Used as Energy for mechanisms
Several other crafting recipes involving Redstone include:
- Compass, made by placing 4 Iron Ingots around a piece of Redstone dust.
- Clock, made by placing 4 Gold Ingots around a piece of Redstone dust.
- Dispenser, which involves Redstone, cobblestone, and a bow.
- Note Block, made by placing 8 wood planks around a piece of Redstone dust.
- Powered Rail, made with 6 Gold Ingots, a stick and a piece of Redstone dust.
- Map, made by 1 Compass in the middle and the rest Paper.
- Detector Rail, made with 6 Iron Ingots, a stone pressure plate and a piece of Redstone dust.
- Logic gates also can be made with Redstone items for non-manual repetition of power and so forth. See this page for full explanations.
- Block of Redstone crafted with 9 redstone dust.
- Dropper with 1 redstone dust
- Redstone emits a small amount of light when placed off, and greater when powered on.
- In the Far Lands in Beta 1.8 and above, Redstone corrupts.
- When obtaining Redstone through ID codes (ID 55) and is referred to as "Redstone Dust". It also has a different sprite which is white instead of red.
- Before an update, unpowered Redstone wire was black.
- At the 12w21a Snapshot, redstone is available through trading.
- Currently in Pocket Edition, redstone ore can be mined however will not drop anything.
- In 12w38a, Witches were possibly able to drop redstone.
- When Sand or Gravel falls down on redstone, the Block will be destroyed and dropped as a tile drop.
- Redstone is the only mineral in Minecraft that doesn't exist in the real world.
- If you put on Pirate Language,calls the Redstone"Magic Powder"