|Uses||Riding Pigs, Horses, Donkeys, and Mules|
|First Appearance||Indev (June 25, 2010)|
|Data Values||Hex: 149|
Saddles are Items that allow the player to ride Pigs, horses, mules and donkeys after they are saddled. As of 1.4.2, the pig can be controlled by a Carrot on a Stick. Saddles can also be placed on horses. Before version 1.4.2, a Saddle could not be removed from a pig, and the Saddle would be permanently lost if the pig Despawned or died.
Saddles were added in Indev on the 25th of June, 2010. They can either be found in Dungeon Chests or can be bought in a trade with Villagers. They cannot be crafted. However, they can be fished out of water.
- The achievement "When Pigs Fly" is achieved when the player rides a pig while it takes fall damage.
- Zombies on chickens (Chicken Jockeys) and skeletons on Spiders (Spider Jockeys) do not need a saddle.
- Saddles can be found in village chests in Pocket Edition.
- The only way in Pocket Edition to remove a saddle from a pig is to kill it.
- At first, players needed a Horse Saddle in order to mount a horse.