|Uses||Riding Pigs, Horses, Donkeys, and Mules|
|First Appearance||Indev (June 25, 2010)|
|Data Values||Hex: 149|
Saddles are items that allow a player to ride pigs, horses, mules and donkeys after they are saddled. As of 1.4.2, the pig can be controlled by a Carrot on a Stick. Before version 1.4.2, a saddle could not be removed from a pig, and it would be permanently lost if the pig despawned or died.
Saddles were added in Indev on the 25th of June, 2010. They can either be found in Dungeons, Shipwrecks, Underwater Ruins, Nether Fortresses, End Cities, Jungle Temples, Desert Temples, Minecart with Chests in Abandoned Mineshafts, or can be bought in via Trading with Villagers. They can also be caught as a treasure from fishing. They cannot be crafted.
- The achievement "When Pigs Fly" is achieved when a player rides a pig while it falls at least five blocks.
- Chicken Jockeys and Spider Jockeys do not need a saddle.
- The only way to remove a saddle from a pig is to kill it.
- At first, players needed a Horse Saddle in order to mount a horse.
- Nether Fortress chests have the highest chance of having a saddle. Dungeons have the second-highest chance, and desert temples have the third-highest.