| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help by
|Skeleton Trap Horse|
|Drops:||Bones, Iron Helmet, Bow, Arrows|
|Location:||When a horse is struck by lightning|
Skeleton Trap Horses may spawn on any level of difficulty, but have less of a chance if the game is set to "Easy". The lightning is triggered when a player moves within 10 blocks of a skeleton horse, and upon being approached, the horse transforms into a skeletal form. A skeleton rider wearing enchanted gear will also appear atop the skeletal horse. In addition, three more skeletal horses with riders will spawn in the vicinity.
Skeletal Horse Riders will always spawn with an enchanted iron helmet, and a bow and arrows, which may also be enchanted. They are immune to damage for the first three seconds after spawning. This type of mob follows nearly the same attack strategy as a normal Skeleton, except it moves much faster due to the added maneuverability of its Horse.
- When in a Minecart, a Skeleton Trap Horse will be damaged, resulting in only a Skeleton.
- Skeleton Trap Horses are one of two newly added mobs in the 1.9 update, along with Shulkers.
- Skeleton Trap Horses can be spawned on top of other horses through commands or external editors.
- If the only the skeleton is killed, the player will be able to ride the horse, since it spawns preset as tamed.
- In one of the 1.9 snapshots, Skeleton Trap Horses dropped Ender Crystals as a placeholder for their actual drop.
- In Windows 10 edition 0.15.10, the Skeleton Horse has a Spawn Egg
- Before 1.9, Skeleton Horses could be spawned through commands.
- If the mob is name tagged, regardless of where the cursor is, it will still show up on the skeleton.
- Unlike the Charged Creeper, a Horse must be struck by naturally generated Lightning. A Lightning Bolt that was summoned using commands will not work.
- There is currently a glitch where the skeleton may dismount from the horse, but will float in the air and cannot be attacked. Fortunately, it does not attack players when this glitch occurs.
- When in peaceful mode, the horse will change. However, the skeleton rider does not appear.
- When a new skeleton trap horse group spawns, a strike of lightning will happen.
- It is possible to get a wither skeleton instead of a normal skeleton if summoned in The Nether with commands.
- A player can use Skeleton Trap Horses to their advantage, farming the Skeleton Horses for Enchanted iron helmets, while also gaining experience, arrows, and bones.