|First Appearance||Survival Test 0.26 (October 22, 2009; Dirt Slabs (immediately removed), Stone Slabs/Double Slabs)|
Beta 1.3 (Sandstone, Wooden, Cobblestone Slabs/Double Slabs)
Beta 1.8 (Brick, Stone Brick Slabs/Double Slabs)
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Any but Wooden:|
|Data Values||Hex: Stone:|
Single Slab: 2C
Double Slab: 2B
Single Slab: 7E
Double Slab: 7D
Single Slab: 44
Double Slab: 43
Single Slab: 126
Double Slab: 125
|Transparency||Single Slab: |
Stone slabs can be found naturally in NPC Villages inside some of the buildings where they form counters. They are also found in Strongholds where they are used in some of the stairs, ledges, and torch pillars.
|Slab x6 (Possible materials are Sandstone, |
Cobblestone, Wood, Stone, Brick,
Stone Brick, Quartz and Nether Brick)
- Stone slabs were introduced to the game on October 24, 2009, in Survival Test 0.26.
- Sandstone, Wood, and Cobblestone slabs were added in the Beta 1.3 update on February 22, 2011.
- Stone Brick and Brick slabs were added in the Beta 1.8 update on September 15, 2011.
- Despite the fact that sneaking lowers the player's eye level of 1.5 blocks, doing so does not allow the player to walk over a single slab with one block of air above it because of the player's true height.
- A player can not walk from a block of Soul Sand to a slab without jumping.
- Single slabs have the tendency to let through arrows shot from above.
- Single slabs will destroy gravel and sand blocks that fall onto them, the same as torches.
- Back in the beta version, Notch made a test on Dirt Slabs. These were never added in the game.
- Unless Water is flowing directly down on a Slab, a slab will block flow regardless of its space above it.
- Before 1.3.2 Wooden Slabs' ID was a variant of Stone Slabs', so you needed a pickaxe to break wooden slabs. However, this still occurs on the Pocket Edition.
- If one slab is placed on top of another, those two slabs will turn into a full block.
- If two wood slabs are together it takes longer to break it with an axe (Recommend the pickaxe instead its better).
- You can hop in a minecart between 2 slabs.
Before stone slabs, Notch tested out dirt slabs or tiles, however, they were never implemented into the game and were only mentioned. Dirt slabs did not grow grass. Notch mentioned Dirt "Tiles" on tumblr.comDirt slabs were the result of digging dirt with a Spade. There is a way to get the dirt slab though. You can get the dirt slab, along with other items that aren't in minecraft. You can get it using a mod. The mod, though, is hard to find.