16HP (8x )
4HP (2x )
|Drops||(0-2) Slimeball when tiny dies|
|Spawn||Level 40 or below in specific chunks and in Swamp Biome at Night|
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.2.0|
|Experience Points||Big: 4|
mob. Found in swamps, or underground caves, they will commonly spawn in the world type Superflat, this is due to the default Superflat world being only three blocks above the bedrock layer. As of 1.5 slimes spawn rate is determined by the movement of the moon. Slimes have four different sizes, and are one of two that have this quality, the other being magma cubes. Their sizes are large, medium, small and tiny, the tiny size being harmless to the player.Slimes are a rare hostile
When killed, one big slime will split into two medium slimes, which will split in to multiple Tiny Slimes. Only tiny Slimes drop 0-2 slimeballs, items that are used for crafting Sticky Pistons. Slimes will drop 1-4 Experience, depending on the size of the slime. Slimes spawn in layer 40 and lower, in any light, and in any size rooms. However, only certain chunks will spawn slimes. You can find these chunks by entering the seed for your map in this tool here. Hacked Slime sizes can be added onto the game. They aren't able to swim (Which means that they drown in water) or jump out of water.
- Since Slimes spawn only in deep areas, Slimes will spawn a lot more on Classic Superflat maps, because the ground level is three blocks above Bedrock.
- Slimes are considered to be the hardest mob to find in the Xbox 360 Edition due to the fact it inhabits the areas around bedrock.
- Also, slimes in Xbox version still only spawn under level 16.
- As of 1.4.2, slimes spawn in swamp biomes at nighttime. This poses a problem for slimes since they cannot jump out of water, which occurs naturally in large amounts in swamp biomes.
- Slimes can climb Ladders, usually by accident.
- Slimes seem to be like players, as they can follow a player for extended distances.
- Tiny Slimes are commonly used as pets because they will follow the player and bring no harm. They WILL despawn though, so be careful. Using a name tag on your slime will keep it from despawning.
- Iron Golems are a great way to keep the level of slimes down in an area on a superflat map. They may wander off, so puting a few houses of villagers in the specified area will keep them there.
- Slimes cant swim in water (though this will be fixed in 1.8).
A video about how to find Slimes in your Minecraft world.