16HP (8x )
4HP (2x )
|Spawn||Any chunk has a 50% chance to be a slime spawning chunk when generated, and they only spawn deep underground or in swamp biomes.|
|First Appearance||Alpha 1.2.0|
Mobs that naturally spawn in 3 different sizes: Big, Small, and Tiny, and split into smaller Slimes when killed. They can be found in only specific Swamp Biomes, as a rare mob deep underground, or in Superflat worlds. Big and Small Slimes are both hostile, and Big Slimes always split into 2 Small slimes when killed, whereas Small Slimes can split into 2, 3, or 4 Tiny Slimes. Tiny Slimes are passive, and are popular pets among minecraft fans, because they will follow you around, and do not require taming, but they can Despawn unless they have a Name Tag.Slimes are rare
- Before Minecraft 1.4.2, Slimes could spawn in any biome.
- As of 1.5, Slimes' spawn rate is determined by the movement of the Moon.
- 1.8 recently fixed the fact that Slimes couldn't swim.
- Smaller slimes can climb Ladders.
- Slimes larger than size "Big" can be summoned with commands.
- Tiny Slimes are considered passive by many people, but the game registers them as hostile, despite their inability to attack, push, or harm the player in any way.
- Only size 1, 2 and 4 spawn naturally, As slimes increase in size, their jump length and damage increases as well.
- Slimes, unlike all other hostile mobs in the game, won't keep you from sleeping in your bed while nearby.
- Slimes used to have an old texture.They had black eyes and mouth instead of transparent green looking eyes and mouth.
- Slimes are the only mobs that hit you two times per second.
- Slimes used to have old sounds. Those sounds were not as squishy.
- In Minecraft Beta, Slimes could spawn in Peaceful difficulty and they will still attack the player.
- If Slimes are attacked by Skeleton Arrows, then they will ignore the skeleton. This does not happen with the other mobs.