|First Appearance||Snapshot 14w02b|
|Data Values||Hex: 10100101|
The Slime Block is a block implemented to the game in snapshot 14w02b. It can be crafted by putting nine slimeballs in a crafting table. It is used to bounce Entities, making it good for map makers. It also makes you take no fall damage when you land on it. However, if you land on the edge of it or near it, you will still take the damage. When you jump onto a slime block, it will bounce you back 60% of the height of the platform you jumped. For example, if you jump off 10 blocks on to a Slime block, it will bounce you up 6 blocks.
It can be broken instantly, regardless of tool used. This makes it useful for blocking off passages when the player has Mining Fatigue.
- Its texture is almost identical to a small Slime, but without eyes and a mouth.
- It still bounces you up if a Carpet is placed on top of it.
- The height of the bounce depends on the height that you jumped off of onto it.
- In snapshot 14w18a, if a Piston pushes a Slime Block which has any movable Blocks attached to it, the slime block will drag them with it (similar to the sticky piston).
- Slime Blocks are required for the Trampoline achievement, which involves bouncing 30 blocks high after landing on a Slime Block.