|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.4|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 50|
Snow blocks are not destroyed by forces that would realistically melt snow, such as lava, fire, and torches, and are unaffected by water. Snow blocks are an essential key component in creating the Snow Golem, where two are needed to be stacked on top of each other, with a Pumpkin being on top of them. Snow melts when there is a light source near them. For say, a torch or glowstone, snow will melt around the light source.
- If snow is broken without a shovel, it will not drop any snowballs.
- Unlike water, snow blocks do not melt in The Nether.
- There is a rare bug in Multiplayer mode that happens when one places a bed on snow and sleep on it. One will receive a black screen on one's monitor while other players will see one as if one were sleeping on the snow.
- Snow Blocks are described as "A compact way to store snowballs." in both the Pocket Edition crating tooltip and console edition block descriptions.
- Snow Blocks can be found naturally spawned in Ice Plains Spikes biomes.
- Enderman cannot pick up Snow Blocks.