|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.4|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 50|
Snow blocks are not destroyed by forces that would realistically melt snow, such as lava, fire, and torches, and are unaffected by water. Snow blocks are an essential key in created the Snow Golem, where two are needed to be stacked on top of each other, with a Pumpkin being on top of them. Snow Slabs are created from the use of three snow blocks going horizontal.
- If snow is broken without a shovel, it will not drop any snowballs.
- When a torch is placed on snow, the snow will melt but also break the torch.
- Unlike water, snow blocks do not melt in The Nether.
- There is a rare bug in Multiplayer mode that happens when you place a bed on snow and sleep on it. You will receive a black screen on your monitor while other players will see you as if you were sleeping on the snow.
- In Minecraft Pocket Edition, the crafting tooltip is: "A compact way to store snowballs."