|Obtained by||Killing Spiders|
|Data Values||Hex: 177|
A Spider Eye is a food item added in Beta 1.9 Pre-Release 2. It is dropped by spiders and cave spiders when killed by the player, but is not dropped when one has died from environmental damage (such as a mob grinder or trap). It is also dropped by Witches. It can be eaten by a player, but it will poison a player for four seconds, causing damage.
Spider Eyes can also be made into potions when added to a water bottle (into a brewing stand). It will make a Mundane Potion. The other possibility is a Potion of Poison creating when mixing it with an Awkward Potion.
- Despite the fact that the Spider Eye is poisonous and can be consumed to slightly replenish hunger, it will only harm a player's health instead of just a player's hunger, making it almost useless in terms of health regeneration.
- It could even be used when one's health bar is down to a few hearts because poison cannot kill a player (it does not reduce health below half a heart).
- Most Desert Temples have a Chest with spider eyes.
- Although Spider Eyes can only produce negative effects for potions, they can be used as an attack when made into a Splash Potion (brewing Gunpowder into a potion will make it a Splash Potion).
- Spider Eyes exist in the Xbox 360 edition of Minecraft.