|Health Points||10HP (5x )|
|Spawn||Any depth of water, any light level. They spawn rarely in the rain.|
mobs that are always passive towards the player. They can be found in water of any depth of any biome, spawning on any difficulty. Squids are the first and only water-dwelling mob to appear so far in Minecraft.Squids are eight-limbed, aquatic
When moving about, any squid's tentacles will open and close, giving them the appearance of pushing themselves through the water, which they will do slowly. Squids do not take an exact path of travel and will make no attempt to interact with the player. Squids become immobile when they become beached, also taking damage over time as they are out of water. They can take fall damage and burn like any land mob, but they cannot drown. Squid behave like other mobs and can de-spawn over time. If a squid is killed, it will drop one to three Ink Sacs. Squids will occasionally find their ways up to the surface of the water. This can kill them, however, if they do not find their way back to the lower depths.
- Squids can be hacked into a monster spawner, allowing them to spawn on land.
- Squids are the one passive mob unable to be mated to another and have a child.
- Boats can be damaged by any squid on the surface of the water.
- Hitting a squid (with anything) will not make it jolt or run around like other animals.
- As of 1.4 updates, squids now start getting hurt when brought up to land and getting beached. Therefore, Ink Sacs may be found on river shorelines.
- If a squid is even half underwater, it will die.
- There used to be a bug before 1.4.5 that made squids fly. This was most commonly found in servers, but it could happen in singleplayer. You were able to do this if you packed a bunch of squid together.
- Squids are smaller in real life.
- Squids die in one hole water pit
- They can be pretty annoying since they may also spawn in your pools and moats, at any cost.
- Squids were sort of random. They were added maybe for a failed mob attempt, like Creepers.
- Squids dont have any death animation
- squids dont have sounds
- Squids can be very glitchy on servers and older versions.
- Squids can glitch through glass, giving a bit of a surprise to any player walking through underwater tunnels.