|First Appearance||Alpha 1.0.0|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: |
Wooden Stairs: 35
Cobblestone Stairs: 43
Brick Stairs: 6C
Stone Brick Stairs: 6D
Nether Brick Stairs: 72
Wooden Stairs: 53
Cobblestone Stairs: 67
Brick Stairs: 108
Stone Brick Stairs: 109
Nether Brick Stairs: 114
Stairs can be crafted from six Wooden Planks , six Cobblestone Blocks, six Bricks , six Stone Bricks, six Sandstone Bricks, six Nether Bricks, six Nether Quartz, or six Purpur Blocks, producing four stairs per craft. Upon destroying the block after placement, it will yield only one of the material used to craft it.
|Stairs x4 (Possible materials are Sandstone, Cobblestone, any types of Wood, Brick, Stone Brick, Quartz, Nether Brick and Purpur Blocks)|
- Brick Stairs, Stone Brick Stairs, and Nether Brick Stairs were added in the Adventure Update.
- Previously, Wooden Stairs would not burn, but as of Beta 1.6, Wooden Stairs and Fences have become flammable.
- Placing 6 Mossy Stone Brick or 6 Cracked Stone Brick in a crafting box will only make Stone Brick Stairs not Mossy/Cracked Stone Brick Stairs.
- As of version 1.2, stairs can be placed upside-down to form an arch-like stair design.
- As of Snapshot 12w21b, sandstone stairs have a crafting recipe.
- The 1.8.2 update for the Xbox 360 edition added Stone Brick and Brick stairs.
- In 1.4.2 online, stairs can now join and create corners.
- In 1.12, blocks can be attached to the full faces of stairs; this includes wall-mounted and fence blocks.
- Stairs are 1 of the 2 blocks that can be walked up by just walking.