Stairs can be crafted from six Wooden Planks , six Cobblestone Blocks, six Bricks , six Stone Bricks, six Sandstone Bricks, six Nether Bricks, six Nether Quartz, or six Purpur Blocks, producing four stairs per craft. Upon destroying the block after placement, it will yield only one of the material used to craft it.
|Stairs x4 (Possible materials are Sandstone, Cobblestone, any types of Wood, Stone, Brick, Stone Brick, Quartz, Nether Brick and Purpur Blocks)|
- Brick Stairs, Stone Brick Stairs, and Nether Brick Stairs were added in the Adventure Update.
- Previously, Wooden Stairs would not burn, but as of Beta 1.6, Wooden Stairs and Fences have become flammable.
- Placing 6 Mossy Stone Brick or 6 Cracked Stone Brick in a crafting box will only make Stone Brick Stairs, not Mossy/Cracked Stone Brick Stairs.
- As of version 1.2, stairs can be placed upside-down to form an arch-like stair design.
- As of Snapshot 12w21b sandstone stairs have a crafting recipe.
- The 1.8.2 update for the Xbox 360 edition added Stone Brick and Brick stairs.
- In 1.4.2 online, stairs can now join and create corners.
- Stairs are 1 of the 2 blocks that you can stand on by just walking.