|First Appearance||Indev 0.31|
|Data Values||Hex: 118|
A Stick is an extremely useful (and easily crafted) item used in many crafting recipes. The main purpose of the stick is to make tools, but it can be used to make other items as well, such as a Fence or Sign. Sticks are very valuable, as they are used to craft most tools, weapons, utilities, etc. To craft, place 2 Wood Planks over in any crafting grid.
Sticks are used primarily as the handles for tools, torches, and weapons. They can also be used as the shaft of arrows, the post for signs, or the ties of rails. Sticks are the only building material required to craft a ladder. Sticks are also used to smelt items, albeit inefficiently: they smelt half an item, whereas planks smelt 1 1/2.
As a Crafting Ingredient
- Note that the type of Wood Planks you put in the Crafting Table to make Fences and Fence Gates will change the color to the variant of the wood you used.
- Also, you can't mix colors.
- Sticks are also used as the handle of most Tools and Weapons.
|Armor Stand||Fence x3|
|None||Stick||None||Any type of Wood Planks||Stick||Any type of Wood Planks|
|Stick||Any type of Slab||Stick||Any type of Wood Planks||Stick||Any type of Wood Planks|
|Stick||Any type of Wood Plank||Stick||Stick||Stick||Stick|
|Stick||Any type of Wood Plank||Stick||Stick||Stick|
|None||None||None||Iron Ingot||None||Iron Ingot|
|None||Coal||None||Iron Ingot||Stick||Iron Ingot|
|None||Stick||None||Iron Ingot||None||Iron Ingot|
|Activator Rail||Powered Rail|
|Iron Ingot||Stick||Iron Ingot||Gold Ingot||None||Gold Ingot|
|Iron Ingot||Redstone Torch||Iron Ingot||Gold Ingot||Stick||Gold Ingot|
|Iron Ingot||Stick||Iron Ingot||Gold Ingot||Redstone||Gold Ingot|
|Wood Planks||Wood Planks||Wood Planks||None||Iron Ingot||None|
|Wood Planks||Wood Planks||Wood Planks||None||Stick||None|
- Some people say that sticks are the most important item in Minecraft, as they are used to craft a large amount of essential items, whereas others believe wood is the most important, because without wood there couldn't be sticks.
- Sticks can also be obtained from Bonus Chests, Fishing, Dead Bushes, and Witches.