|This article is/was featured on the Main Page of Minecraft Wiki!|
|First Appearance||On the first day of Minecraft|
|Type of Block||Solid|
|Data Values||Hex: 1|
Stone, also known as "Smooth Stone" and "Clear Stone," is the most common Block in the Overworld, after Air, in all current game modes. It turns into Cobblestone when mined after Beta, unless using a Pickaxe with the Silk Touch enchantment. Also, after Beta, It is possible to turn Cobblestone into Stone by cooking it inside a Furnace. Stone also forms when lava flows on top of water.
Stone is one of the blocks Silverfish are able to go into and spawn from.
- There is an extremely rare glitch in which if the player goes down a diagonal Stone tunnel, they will noclip through the wall and suffocate.
- It is suggested to be an igneous rock, as it comes from the cooling of lava.
- Stone's blast resistance is not very strong. Oddly enough, though, when mined into Cobblestone, its blast resistance increases.
- Stone (along with one block of Cobblestone) can be found in the void preset.
- Bedrock has the same texture, but with higher contrast.