| This is a Guide.|
This article has been assembled by one or more members of the community as a helpful resource, instructing players on some aspect of Minecraft. If desired, you may
This page is for the casual player who wants a nice simple outline of what steps must be taken to thrive. There will not be in depth information on "completing" the game of Minecraft on here, as there is already a much more in depth explanation and plan on the original page. Again, this is for a player who just wants to know how to get started and use Minecraft to pass the time.
Survival Mode is a game mode where a player must survive by building and altering the terrain to fulfill one's needs all the while keeping an eye on the ever present Health Bar and Hunger Bar. Depending on what difficulty one chooses to play in, the danger of either one depleting to life-threatening levels arises. The objective of the game is to survive and armed with only one's right hand. It will be difficult to do so for much time without acquiring necessary resources. The ideal progression of actions is as follows:
- When one starts one's game, one will spawn in a random point in one's world. This is one's spawn point, and it is where one will end up in when one dies. Try to remember the coordinates and location by pressing F3.
- Next, one must head towards the nearest tree and gather wood, which one do by clicking and holding the left button on the mouse while one's cursor is on a wood block until it breaks and drops the block. If there are no trees in one's area, walk towards one direction until one sees one.
- Craft the wood into wooden planks by dragging the wooden blocks in one's inventory (E) onto any place in the 2 by 2 crafting grid.
- From there, create a Crafting Table by placing one wooden plank in each place in the crafting grid and dragging and dropping the table that appears to the right of the arrow into one's inventory.
- From there, one can begin to use the rest of one's wooden planks to create other items by using the upgraded 3 by 3 crafting grid that appears when right-clicking on the crafting table. It is recommended to find some sheep as soon as possible to create a bed.
- Once one has a crafting table, one can start to make tools as well as many other items which will allow one to gather resources and reshape the terrain as one see fit through mining, customization and ingenuity. First, one should craft a wooden pick axe, use it to mine some stone, and then use the cobblestone to make stone tools. Remember to gather any stray coal one come across.
- Depending on one's difficulty setting, the amount of hostile Mobs and how fast one are affected by Hunger increase. This means that for any difficulty above peaceful, one will have a greater urgency to procure a source of food, a sword, and armor for protection from mobs spawned at night or any dark areas.
- One's shelter for one's first night will be simple. Many players prefer building pillars, digging a hole in a mountain, or simply by digging down. Whatever one choose to do, always remember to illuminate one's shelter with torches so that no mobs can spawn in one's shelter. It is highly not recommended to venture off in the night, especially on one's first night.
- One can kill certain mobs that spawn during the day to gather food items they drop, which can be cooked in a furnace (another indispensable item to have).
From here on, it is up to one what one do. One can explore the world and build amazing structures. One can keep to one central point and create a self-sufficient little haven. One can even try one's luck at going through the whole game to its "end". One decide what one make of this near infinite world.
- Unlike Creative Mode, in this mode, one can take damage from a variety of things such as Mobs, falling to one's death, drowning/ suffocating, starvation, and being burned. One cannot fly in Survival Mode, and unlike Creative Mode, one cannot break blocks with one hit. One can gain objects.