A cliff view of a Survival Test world.
|Starting Version||0.24 (1st of September, 2009)|
|Current Version||0.30 (10th of November, 2009)|
Survival Test is a past gamemode, being the second one after Classic. As the name suggests, this version was to test out the Minecraft survival mode. Survival test is much different compared to what Minecraft is today. Pigs and sheep would drop mushrooms, which was the only food at the time. Players could find red mushrooms, but these hurt the player. This version had a point system, where each mob awarded a different amount of points. In this version, iron ore dropped iron blocks, creepers had melee, gold ore dropped gold blocks and coal dropped slabs. Creepers also exploded when they were killed. When you destroyed a block of wood, it dropped 3-5 wooden planks.
Differences from Minecraft Classic
- There is a health bar.
- There is food.
- 7 new mobs are added: Creepers, Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, Pigs, Sheep and Giants.
- Humans reappear since their removal in Classic 0.28.
- When you die, you must load a saved world or generate a fresh one.
- Lava can kill the player.
- The player starts with 10 TNT and Arrows.
- Skeletons arrows were purple (only in Survival Test).
- Sheep can eat grass.
- Players can see their hand
- New tools were added
- Gamemodes are added
Survival Test Trivia
- Giants were added in the last Survival Test version, but they never were officially implanted because they were overpowered.
- Creepers were added in 0.24, when Notch modelled the pig incorrectly.