A Taiga is a type of overworld biome, i.e. a forest of Spruce Trees covered in snow. No other tree types are found in a Taiga. Water will also freeze in a taiga biome, creating large amounts of ice. Taiga hills are another technical biome that can rarely occur in Taigas. Taigas have snowfall instead of rain. Snow does not appear under trees; instead, it appears on the trees' leaves. Taigas have more trees whereas Tundras have more snow.
- Taigas will also have occasional snow weather, as Tundras do.
- Nearly all water bodies in a Taiga will have Ice Blocks at the surface.
- Taigas (and it's variants) are the only sources of Spruce Wood, a dark colored wood type, aside from creative mode.
- Taigas can commonly be located beside Extreme Hill Biomes and Forest Biomes.
- Wolves can be more commonly found in Taigas and Tundras.