The default male player skin, "Steve".
|Health Points:||20HP (10x )|
|Attack Strength:||Fist: 1HP (.5x )
|Drops:||/gamerule keepInventory true: Nothing|
Minecraft, and is generally considered the unofficial main protagonist of the game. The default Skin resembles a male human, who is generally referred to as "Steve". A new default female skin option, "Alex" is also available, as of update 1.8. A player who has purchased Minecraft can also set a custom skin on Minecraft.net, under their profile options.A Player is the character used in-game by anyone playing
The Player is 1.79 meters tall, has indigo eyes, light brown skin, and dark brown hair. The Player also wears blue jeans and a cyan T-shirt that is not tucked in properly. For most of Beta, the player also had a goatee, which is commonly mistaken for a smile. It has since been removed.
In the Indev development stage of Minecraft, the Player made a deep "Ugh" grunt sound if it was hurt or hit. Some people had complained that they had female skins and the voice didn't match, so Notch changed the sound effect to a flesh-ripping sound, or to be more exact: a sound of a simultaneous "thud" and "snap". In Minecraft: Pocket Edition, the Player's name is Stevie, and instead of the tapping sound, the Player still makes the grunt sound. It would be deeper sometimes if the player is at low health. Also, if the Player takes damage from falling, a sound like cracking bones will be heard along with the grunting sound.
- Previously, if a player was using an illegitimate version of the PC client, their skin would show up as a pigman.
- Filling the inventory (all 37 slots) with shulker boxes, with 27 stacks of 64 gold blocks inside each one, at a mass of 19,300 kilograms per cubic meter, comes out to a maximum weight for the player of 1,233,964,800 kilograms, or 2,720,426,712 pounds.
- The player is supposed to be a genderless, simple human being, according to Notch.
- In the latest version, the player is 32 pixels in height or 2 meters tall (mobile version).
- In Minecraft, the player's cubic volume is roughly 322,273 cm cubed. Using this logic, a Minecraft character weighs roughly 342kg or 754lb.