|Health Points:||20HP (10x )|
|Attack Strength:||Fist: 1HP (.5x )
|Drops:||/gamerule keepInventory true: Nothing|
|Experience Points:||What they collected|
The Player is the character used in-game by anyone playing Minecraft, and is generally considered the unofficial main protagonist of the game. The default skin is exactly the same as a human's, and is generally referred to as "Steve". A player who has bought the game is able to set a custom skin on Minecraft.net, under their profile options. A new default skin, Alex, was released in 1.8.
The Player is 1.79 meters tall, has indigo eyes, light brown skin, and dark brown hair. The Player also wears blue jeans and a cyan T-shirt that is not tucked in properly. For most of Beta, the player also had a goatee, which is commonly mistaken for a smile. It has since been removed.
Players spawn at their original spawn point, but this can be reset through use of a Bed, or by using the command /spawnpoint.
Sounds when Hurt
In the older version of Minecraft known as indev, the Player made a deep "Ugh" sound if it was hurt or punched. Some people had complained that they had female skins, so Notch changed to a flesh ripping sound, or to be more exact, a sound that sounded like a tap. In the Pocket Edition, the Player's name is Stevie, and instead of the tapping sound, the Player still made the "Uggghhh" sound. It would be deeper sometimes if the player was at low health. Also, if the Player takes damage from falling, a sound like cracking bones will be heard along with the damage sound.
- Previously, if a player was using an illegitimate version of the PC client, their skin would show up as a pigman.
- If gold was the heaviest material in Minecraft, and the player had every inventory slot filled with 64 gold with full gold armor, he would be carrying the equivalent of 73,525,046.288256 pounds.
- The player is supposed to be a genderless, simple human being, according to Notch.
- In the latest version, the player is 32 pixels in height or 2 meters tall (mobile version).
- In Minecraft, the player's cubic volume is roughly 322,273 cm cubed. Using this logic, a Minecraft character weighs roughly 342kg or 754lb.