|Health Points:||24HP (12x )|
(1% chance of an Iron Sword if using the "looting" enchant)
Vexes are one of the two only flying hostile mobs that can spawn in the Overworld. The other being the Phantom. They are immune to damage from falling, Drowning, Fire, and Lava. They only take damage from Swords, Bows and Arrows, and the player's hand. Vexes are not hindered by solid blocks in any way, allowing them to fly through walls, floors, trees, or the ground itself. In this case, it is possible for a Vex to fly into the Void.
Vexes will attack Villagers, Iron Golems, and players (except in Creative Mode) with their small iron sword. They will also attack mobs that Evoker commands them to. When a Vex attacks, they glow red and lunge towards their target. When a Vex is idle, they float around their Evoker.
- Vex are not immune to the Evoker’s Fang Attacks. This makes it possible for Vex to turn against their own Evoker and kill them.
- A Vex can kill an Evoker in three hits, which is the same amount that it takes for one to kill a Villager.
- Vexes can be killed by the The Void if spawned in a Superflat, where they will phase through the ground and quickly die due to there only being four layers.
- It takes thirteen hits from a Vex to kill an Iron Golem.
- It is possible for a Vex to attack its own evoker, but only under certain cases where the fangs hit them.