|Health Points:||24HP (12x )|
7HP (3.5x )
|Drops:||Emerald, Iron Axe|
The Vindicator sounds like a Villager, but with more of a grunting tone.
Vindicators are considered illagers, which means that they are outcasts from Villagers. They both look alike, except the vindicator's skin is gray in color, while the villager's skin is brown. They spawn in the Overworld inside of Woodland Mansions. Depending on the size of the room that they spawn in, their group size will range from 1–3 vindicators, and they may be accompanied by an evoker.
When a vindicator sees a player, villager, or Iron Golem, they will wield an iron Axe and charge toward their target. Once in range, the vindicator will "hack" at the target with its axe. This iron axe has a chance to be enchanted, with a higher chance on higher difficulties like other equipment.
- Vindicators share a similar Skin to that of villagers, Witches, and evokers.
- Vindicators will drop Emeralds when they die.
- If a vindicator is named "Johnny", it will become instantly hostile to all players and mobs except evokers and other vindicators.
- This is a reference to a scene in Stanley Kubrick's movie The Shining. ("Here's Johnny!")
- Johnny Vindicators will attempt to attack Armor Stands