|Health Points:||26HP (13x )|
|Attack Strength:||5–20 Hearts|
|Drops:||up to 6 (in all of the following (mix and match):|
A Witch is a ranged mob, added in the 1.4.2 Pretty Scary Update. Witches are hostile and are found mostly in Swamp Biomes wandering around their houses. When a witch notices a player they begin to viciously attack them with splash potions. Witches also have the ability to regenerate health. It fires splash potions of weakness, slowness, poison, and harming to weaken a player so it makes it easier to attack a player. Because of this, a player's armor is rendered useless, regardless of the armor's material and/or enchantments.
- The witch is the one of a few hostile ranged mobs found in the Overworld, the others being Skeletons, Strays, Evokers, and Illusioners ( in 1.12).
- The witch has an animation involving its nose.
- On occasion, when a witch is killed, it will sometimes drop a potion, most likely an instant health potion. However, it will only drop potions if killed while drinking one.
- The witch is the second gender specific mob in Minecraft. The first being the Ender Dragon.
- As of 15w49a/1.9, witches now make sounds.
- Witches are the only mob that uses potions to attack and heal themselves and others.
A witch relies on using harmful potions, such as Poison, for ranged attack. The best way to fight a witch is to get in close and not let it get away. Keep hitting it, and it will fall quickly. Damage must be consistently dealt to a witch in order to kill it, as it has the ability to use healing potions to regenerate health.