|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 11|
The process of gathering wood is commonly known as 'punching trees'.
Wood is a key resource to possess during all the stages of the game. It can be crafted into wooden planks and then sticks, which are used to make tools, and is also the first block to be collected. You can grow cocoa beans on jungle logs.
|Wooden Planks x4|
- Birch Wood- White wood with black streaks
- Spruce Wood- Dark wood
- Oak Wood- Regular wood
- Jungle Wood- Regular wood turned sideways, with some green mixed in
- Dark Oak Wood- Dark regular wood
- Acacia Wood- Red inside, and grey bark
- When leaves are not touching wood, they will disappear, as of update 1.4.
- When the game was first created, there was only 1 type of wood. Birch and Spruce were added in Alpha, Jungle wood was added in 1.1 or 1.2, and Acacia, and Dark Oak was added in 1.7.2
- In Minecraft Pocket Edition, crafted different wood will be crafted to Oak Wood.