|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 11|
Wood is a crucial base resource in the Minecraft found in trees. All of the beginning game-play in Survival Mode relies on this resource since the player must start by harvesting wood in order to make any progress. Wood is collected from trees, and there are several different kinds that vary from biome to biome, but to all intents and purposes, they will all do the same thing. Wood can catch on fire and spread it in an instant, so it is a good idea to be cautious when using Flint and Steel or Lava near wood. Charcoal can be created from wood by smelting a piece of wood in the furnace.
The process of gathering wood is commonly known as 'punching trees.'
Crafting (shapeless recipe)
|Wooden Planks x4|
- Birch Wood - White wood with black streaks
- Spruce Wood - Dark wood
- Oak Wood - Regular wood
- Jungle Wood - Regular wood turned sideways, with some green mixed in
- Dark Oak Wood - Dark regular wood
- Acacia Wood - Red inside, grey bark
- When Leaves are not touching wood, they will disappear, as of update 1.4.
- When the game was first created, there was only one type of wood. Birch and Spruce was added in Alpha, and Jungle wood was added in 1.2. Acacia and Dark Oak were added in 1.7.2
- Wood is widely considered to be the most important material in Minecraft.