|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 11|
Wood is a crucial base resource in the Minecraft found in trees. All of the beginning game-play in Survival Mode relies on this resource, since a player must start by harvesting wood in order to make any progress. Wood is collected from trees, and there are several different kinds that vary from biome to biome, but for all intents and purposes, they will all do the same thing. Wood can catch on fire and spread it in an instant, so it is a good idea to be cautious when using Flint and Steel or Lava near wood. Charcoal can be created from wood by smelting a piece of wood in the furnace.
The process of gathering wood is commonly known as 'punching trees.'
Crafting (shapeless recipe)
|Wooden Planks x4|
- Acacia - Red wood, grey bark.
- Birch - White bark with black streaks.
- Oak - Light-brown wood, brown bark.
- Dark Oak - Brown wood, dark-brown bark.
- Jungle - Oak wood rotated sideways, with some green mixed in.
- Spruce - Light-brown wood, dark-brown bark.
- As of Update 1.4, Leaves that do not touch wood will decay. The only exception is if a player places down the leaves.
- When the game was first created, there was only one type of wood, Oak. Birch and spruce were added in Alpha, and jungle wood was added in 1.2. Acacia and dark oak were added in 1.7.2
- Wood is widely considered to be the most important material in Minecraft.
- As of 1.13, if a player right clicks a block of wood with an axe selected, it will turn into stripped wood.